Shopify integration overview
Check the Shopify integration video for a brief overview.
Katana - Shopify integration makes it easy to manage the fulfillment of Shopify orders, keep the inventory and related production in control. Connecting Shopify to Katana just takes a few minutes but can save you hours or even days of manual work every month.
You can get going with Katana easily as your products, customers and Sales Orders will be pulled from Shopify to Katana in minutes.
You can connect multiple Shopify stores to your Katana account. The option to connect another store becomes visible on the "Settings" -> "Integrations" page after connecting the first store. Here's a video about how it works.
What will be synced:
1. Katana pulls Sales Orders automatically from your Shopify account. All existing Shopify open Sales Orders will be pulled during the initial connection and Katana will keep pulling all future Sales Orders automatically. Read more.
2. Sales Order fulfillment statuses can be synced between Katana and Shopify (two-way sync). Mark a Sales Order Delivery status as "Delivered" in Katana and it will be automatically marked as "Fulfilled" in Shopify, and vice versa. Read more.
3. You can choose to import all your products and product stock levels to Katana while connecting your Shopify store. Read more.
Note: We recommend importing your product stock levels from Shopify only if you keep track of correct product stock levels in Shopify.
Later, if a new Shopify Sales Order includes a new product that does not yet exist in Katana, then the product will be created automatically in Katana when the Sales Order is imported.
If you choose to import product stock levels, you can immediately see the Product Availability for all your Sales Orders in Katana.
Tip: As Shopify does not include any information about raw materials, you should create or import materials to Katana after connecting your Shopify store. This will enable creating Product Recipes, tracking Material Availability and managing raw material stock in Katana.
4. You can choose to sync real-time stock levels from Katana to Shopify. Read more.
5. You can choose to import all your customers to Katana while connecting your Shopify store. Read more.
Later, if a new Shopify Sales Order includes a new customer that does not yet exist in Katana, then the customer will be created automatically in Katana when the Sales Order is imported.
Read more about how to connect Shopify.
If you have connected more than one Shopify store to Katana, the integration works exactly in the same way for each store. Sales order sync, product and customer import and matching, and stock sync work identically for all stores. For example, if the same product (i.e. same SKU code) exists at multiple stores, then the stock levels would be synced from Katana to all the Shopify stores that include that product.
Note: Internet Explorer 11.0 browser is not supported by Shopify and cannot be used for connecting Katana to Shopify. We suggest using Google Chrome.