Import orders to Xero
You can easily export your Sales and Purchase Orders (including all order lines) from Katana to a Xero-compatible Excel file (in csv format) and then import them as invoices and bills into Xero. It just takes a few clicks.
Note: A native Xero integration will be released in the future. This will enable connecting Katana to your Xero account and will make the sync of orders more automatic. Until this integration is released, you can use the CSV export-import functionality to get your orders from Katana to Xero.
Export orders from Katana
You can export both "Open" and "Done" Sales and Purchase Orders. Navigate to a "Sell" or "Buy" screen in Katana and click on the "Open" or "Done" tab depending on which orders you wish to export. You can find the Export button at the top corner of the order list.
You can export either all orders or select specific orders to export:
- To export all orders in the list, just click on the "Export" button.
- To export only selected orders, select orders by holding "Ctrl" key and clicking on the orders you wish to export. You can select one or more orders. Then click on the "Export" button.
Each row in the exported file is an order line, not a full order. If you have more than one line on one order, there will be multiple rows for this order in the exported file.
The exported CSV file matches the import template for Xero. You can go on and import the CSV file directly into Xero without further editing. Sales Orders will be imported as invoices and Purchase Orders as bills in Xero.
There are a few things to notice:
- The "Account code" column in the CSV file is set to "200" for Sales Orders and to "310" for Purchase Orders by default, which are Xero default accounts for Sales and Purchasing. You can edit those manually in the CSV file if needed.
- The "TaxType" column in the CSV file is set to "Tax on Sales" for Sales Orders and to "Tax on Purchases" for Purchase Orders by default. You can edit it manually in the CSV file if needed.
- The "Due date" column in the exported CSV for Sales Orders indicates the due date for the invoice and is an automatically calculated field. It is calculated as Today's Date + 7 days, but can be manually edited in the CSV file if needed. It is not the same as "Delivery deadline" in Katana, which is the date when the items are required to be delivered to the customer.
Import orders to Xero
Sales Orders will be imported to Xero as invoices and Purchase Orders as bills. Please find instructions for importing invoices and bills in Xero support center.