Using the Shop Floor Control App
After creating the account for an Operator, the Operator can start accessing their tasks on a mobile device (or laptop) by logging into their dedicated account.
The Shop Floor Control (SFC) app displays all the Operations on open Manufacturing Orders that have been assigned to the specific Operator.
You must assign operations to Operators to see any tasks in the SFC app. Read more about assigning tasks to Operators.
The Shop Floor Control app enables the Operator to see, start, stop, pause, quit, and complete all the tasks that have been assigned to the Operator. The status of the task is reflected on the Katana MRP site automatically in live.
Tasks in the SFC app are displayed in the same ranking order as Manufacturing Orders (MO) in the "Make" -> "Schedule" list in the Katana MRP application.
The idea is to have higher priority orders further to the top, so the Operator starts working on tasks at the top. However, the Operator can start any task at any time, regardless of the position on the list.
In the Tasks list in the SFC app, you can see the main information for each task.
Please note that the quantity is the number of products to be made with the Manufacturing Order. It does not reflect the number of ingredients to be used or product components to be made with this task.
You can click on a task to access more detailed information about the task and the related Manufacturing Order. This information includes the ingredients and their availability, the list of all Operations with assigned Operators for the related MO, and any notes added to the MO. See more below.
- Start - all tasks are initially created as not started. Click on the "Start" button to indicate that you are working on the task.
- Pause - click on "Pause" if you wish to take a break from the task, but keep it in progress.
- Resume - you can resume the task after it has been paused.
- Quit - you can quit the task only after it has been paused. Quitting the task will revert the status so that the task is again not started. The task remains visible in your task list with a "Start" button.
- Finish - complete the task by clicking on "Finish". The task will disappear from your list.
Note: Time tracking functionality is coming soon! Starting the task does not start the timer at this point.
Changing the task status in the Shop Floor Control app reflects automatically on the Katana MRP site. Read more about how statuses are related.
There are certain limitations for managing tasks in the SFC app:
- Tasks cannot be re-assigned to other Operators in the SFC app (only in the Katana MRP site).
- Tasks cannot be re-prioritized in the SFC app (only in the Katana MRP site).
- Tasks cannot be deleted or edited in the SFC app (only in the Katana MRP site).
- Tasks cannot be grouped.
Some of those functionalities are coming soon!
Tasks with multiple Operators
You can assign multiple Operators to the same task. In this case, the task appears in the SFC app for both Operators.
A task on the Operators list can be in progress by another Operator. Task statuses on the other Operator's account will update automatically if one of the Operators starts, pauses, resumes, quits, or finishes the task.
One Operator cannot access any tasks that have been assigned to another Operator (unless the task is assigned to multiple Operators). You cannot switch Operators inside the SFC app account. You need to log out with the current Operator and log in with the other account.
You can click on a task to access more detailed information about the task and the related Manufacturing Order. This information includes:
- List of required ingredients and their availability status.
- Green - the ingredient is available in stock.
- Yellow - the ingredient is not available in stock, but it is expected from suppliers (or in case of a subassembly, it is expected from another Manufacturing Order).
- Red - the ingredient is not available in stock and is not expected either.
- List of all Operations for this Manufacturing Order.
The current task is indicated as "This task". For all the other tasks, the assigned Operator is displayed.
- Any Notes added to the Manufacturing Order (taken from the Additional info section on the MO in the Katana MRP site). You cannot edit notes directly in the SFC app.