Creating a new supplier allows it to be added to a Purchase order (PO) and an Outsourced purchase order (OPO). On the Supplier card, you can also add an email address, phone number, company address, and any comments you have for the supplier.
When creating an (O)PO, you can search for existing suppliers by typing a supplier name into the Supplier field of an (O)PO, and selecting a supplier from the drop-down menu.
Creating a supplier
Navigate to the Contacts screen > Suppliers table and click + Supplier at the top right.
An empty supplier card will open.
Fill in the following information:
- Company name (required)
- Email: Must match general email address formatting. If formatting is incorrect, it will be highlighted in red and you won't be able to save it. This email address will be used as the default when sending purchase order documents.
- Phone number: Shown on the PDF documents.
- Address: Shows on PDF documents.
- Comment: Add internal comments to a supplier.
- Currency: Choose the currency that purchasing transactions are done in with that supplier. (Available only for Advanced and higher subscription packages.)
On a PO or OPO, type a supplier name into the Supplier field. If the supplier doesn't exist in your Contacts, create a new supplier by clicking Create new "supplier name" in the drop-down menu or by pressing Enter. The new supplier will be saved to the order and added to Contacts.
Note: The same approach also works when quick-adding Purchase orders from Manufacturing orders or from the Inventory tab. Read more about creating Purchase orders
Email addresses, comments, phone number,s and addresses can be added or edited on the Supplier card.