This is a guide for setting up the import of Sales orders from Amazon Seller Central to Katana via Zapier. This import works for all orders regardless of sales channel or fulfillment option.
This guide is relevant if you are using various sales channels and fulfillment options in Amazon (not only Fulfilled by Amazon (FBA)). If you are using FBA only, then we recommend following this guide.
The Amazon Seller Central Zapier integration does not allow you to import any customer data on orders to Katana, while the Fulfilled by Amazon (FBA) Zapier integration enables you to import also customer data to Katana.
If you want to learn more about Zapier, check our Zapier integration overview.
To start importing Sales orders from Amazon Seller Central to Katana:
1. In your Zapier account, create a new Zap.
2. Enter a name for the Zap.
3. Choose a trigger:
- Find and select "Amazon Seller Central".
- Select a Trigger event: "New order". This will start the Zap every time a new order is created in Amazon. You can choose later which order status triggers the import.
- Choose your Amazon account and log in. Initial setup requires generating an API key. You can find a walkthrough from Zapier help doc.
- You can customize the import to be triggered at a certain order status depending on your workflow. In this example, we are leaving the status blank to trigger the import for any order.
You can then test the trigger and continue.
4. Choose an action to create a sales order:
- Click on the "+" button at the end of your workflow.
- Find and select "Katana".
- Select an Action Event: "Create Sales Order".
- Choose your Katana account and log in.
Important! Amazon Seller Central app does not allow to access any PII (personal) data from Amazon platform such as customer email address, street address, phone number, etc. As a workaround, you can use a generic “Unknown Amazon customer” in Katana.
- Go to Katana - Contacts - Customers. Add a new customer called “Unknown Amazon Customer”. Check the article “Creating a new customer” for detailed instructions.
- Once this is done, go back to Zapier setup. Click on Customer ID field and use the search to find the “Unknown Amazon Customer”. This maps all imported Amazon orders to this customer.
- As an Order Number, choose an appropriate identifier from Amazon fields. We recommend using “Seller Order ID” paired with the keyword “AMZ-“. This will generate orders “AMZ-1”, ”AMZ-2”, etc., and thus help to identify them from other orders.
- Choose a Katana Location to which you wish to send all sales orders from Amazon with this Zap. Clicking on the Location field will display the list of all existing Locations on your chosen Katana account.
- Choose “Created Date”. Choose a field from Amazon which indicates the creation date of the sales order, for example, “Purchase Date”.
- Choose a “Delivery Date”. You can choose an appropriate field from Amazon or leave it empty and let Katana calculate it based on your default delivery settings or create your own calculation based on “Created Date”.
- Choose the “Order Items Order Item Seller Sku”, “Order Items Order Item Quantity Ordered”, and “Order Items Order Item Item Price Amount” columns from Amazon to respective fields in Zapier.
Important! The Variant SKU for an item on a Sales Order line must already exist in Katana. If the Variant SKU does not yet exist in Katana, then the sales order (line) will not be imported to Katana. New items cannot be created in Katana via Zapier.
- Choose a Tax Rate ID. You cannot map a Tax Rate from Amazon to a Tax rate in Katana at a sales order or sales order line item level (if you have taxes enabled for your product). All sales orders and line items will be assigned the same chosen tax rate (from the list that includes all existing tax rates in Katana).
Continue and test the action.
Your Zap for importing Sales orders from Amazon Seller Central to Katana is now ready for turning on!