To activate the integration between your QuickBooks and Katana accounts:
1. In Katana, go to "Settings" and click on the "Integrations" tab.
2. Find a QuickBooks logo and click "Connect".
3. If you are not yet logged in to your QuickBooks account in the same browser window, you will be directed to a QuickBooks login page. Enter your QuickBooks credentials.
4. If you have more than one company related to your QuickBooks account, you are then asked to choose a company to which you would like to connect your Katana account.
5. You are asked to authorize the connection to share your QuickBooks data with Katana. Please review the displayed information and click "Connect" to authorize.
6. You are then directed back to Katana. The first step of the integration flow will give you an overview of the integration. Read it through and click "Continue".
7. On the "Ledger account mapping" screen, please select if you wish to enable sync for Sales Orders or Purchase Orders or both. Then select QuickBooks accounts to which you wish to record sales transactions and purchases that are pushed from Katana. The "Continue" button will be enabled after you have selected the required accounts.
8a. For US QuickBooks accounts, no tax mapping is required, so "Ledger account mapping" is the last step in the connection flow for US companies.
8b. For non-US QuickBooks accounts, the next step is "Tax types mapping", where you need to map all tax rates in Katana to taxes in QuickBooks. This ensures that your taxes are accounted for properly in QuickBooks. You can also create new tax rates in Katana on this screen if needed. Read more detailed instructions.
The "Done" button will be enabled after you have mapped all Katana taxes.
9. The last screen is "Data import", which allows you to import all your suppliers and customers from QuickBooks to Katana during first-time connect. This includes full customer contact and adderss information.
Going forward, when you create a new Sales Order or Purchase Order in Katana and push it as an invoice or bill to QuickBooks, respectively, then a new customer or a supplier is created in QuickBooks if a matching profile does not yet exist in QuickBooks.
10. Click "Done".
The integration is now active!
A new column "Invoice" is added to your "Sell" screen. Selecting "Create invoice" for a Sales Order in Katana will create a matching invoice in QuickBooks.
A new column "Bill" is added to your "Buy" screen. Selecting "Create bill" for a Purchase Order in Katana will create a matching bill in QuickBooks.