When connecting your Shopify store to Katana, you can import all your products and stock levels from Shopify to Katana. Katana will import Product Names, Variants, SKUs and Sales Prices.
Katana is currently not importing the "Cost per item" information for items from Shopify.
You can set the initial cost during the stock import as a percentage of Sales price. The defined percentage will be applied to all imported products. Although it might not reflect the real cost of those products, it gives you a chance to easily define an approximate cost for all products at once.
If needed, you can adjust the cost for each individual product after the import is completed in 2 ways:
- A Stock adjustment will be created in Katana as a result of the Shopify import for recording the stock levels and costs. To adjust costs for imported items, navigate to Stock screen > Stock adjustments tab in Katana, find the relevant Stock adjustment, and edit the Cost per unit column for products.
- Use the Update stock levels and reorder points template for uploading your stock costs in bulk. Read more
Note: The initial cost of products will define the Average cost for those items in the Inventorytab. However, the Cost column for a product in the Items screen will display 0 until you define a Product recipe and/or Production operations for the product. Any products made in Katana (by completing Manufacturing orders) will be added to the stock at the manufacturing cost (cost of Product recipe + Production operations).
- Shopify store is using "Taxes included" setting.
- Price of a product in Shopify is USD 100 (taxes included).
- Default tax rate is 20% VAT.
- Katana imports product data and sets the taxes excluded Sales Price in Katana to USD 83.33 (formula: 100/(1+20%))
- Default cost as % of sales is 80%. This means that on average the user is selling products with a 20% sales margin.
- Initial stock level of the product is imported into Katana with a cost price of USD 66.66 (formula: 0.8 * 83.33).
- Shopify store is using "Taxes excluded" setting.
- Price of a product in Shopify is USD 100 (taxes excluded).
- Katana imports product data and sets the taxes excluded Sales Price in Katana to USD 100.
- Default cost as % of sales is 60%. This means that on average the user is selling products with a 40% sales margin.
- Initial stock level of the product is imported into Katana with a cost price of USD 60 (formula: 0.6 * 100).