Reverting a Manufacturing Order
If you have accidentally marked a Manufacturing Order (MO) as "Done" or if you are doing a disassembly for a product you have produced, you can revert a Manufacturing Order status back to "Not started" or "Work in progress". You also need to revert a MO if you wish to edit any MO details, as a "Done" Manufacturing Order cannot be edited.
Related stock movements
Reverting a Manufacturing Order reverts the inventory levels for items included in the MO. More precisely:
- for the product on the Manufacturing Order, both "In Stock" and "Expected" quantities in the Inventory list are decreased,
- for materials and subassemblies used in producing the product (based on the Product Recipe) both "In Stock" and "Committed" quantities are increased.
Read more about Manufacturing Order Production statuses.
How to revert a Manufacturing Order?
You can revert a "Done" Manufacturing Order on a MO card or in the "Schedule" in the "Make" screen. Katana currently does not support partial completion or reverting of Manufacturing Orders, you can only complete or revert all items simultaneously.
1. Navigate to the "Schedule" and click on the "Done" tab at the top of the table.
2. Find the relevant Manufacturing Order and change the Production status back to "Not started" or "Work in progress" directly in the "Schedule" or from the upper right-hand corner of the Manufacturing Order card.
3. Your inventory levels are updated automatically.