To activate the integration between your Xero and Katana accounts:
1. In Katana, go to "Settings" and click on the "Integrations" tab.
2. Find a Xero logo and click "Connect".
3. If you are not yet logged in to your Xero account in the same browser window, you will be directed to a Xero login page. Enter your Xero credentials.
4. You are then asked to allow access. Click "Allow".
5. You are directed back to Katana. The first step of the integration flow will give you an overview of the integration.
On this page, you can choose the status for your Invoices and Bills when they are created in Xero. Choose whether your Invoices and Bills are created in an "Approved", "Draft" or "Submitted for approval" status.
Make your selections and click "Continue".
6. On the "Ledger account mapping" screen, please select if you wish to enable sync for Sales Orders or Purchase Orders or both. Then select Xero accounts to which you wish to record sales transactions and purchases that are pushed from Katana. Only Xero revenue accounts are displayed for sales and cost accounts for purchases.
The "Continue" button will be enabled after you have selected the required accounts.
All line items on the created invoice or bill are recorded to the same account.
7. The next step is "Tax types mapping", where you need to map all tax rates in Katana to taxes in Xero. This ensures that your taxes are accounted for properly in Xero. You can also create new tax rates in Katana on this screen if needed. Read more detailed instructions.
The "Done" button will be enabled after you have mapped all Katana taxes.
Going forward, when you create a new Sales Order or Purchase Order in Katana and push it as an invoice or bill to Xero, respectively, then a new customer or a supplier is created in Xero if a matching profile does not yet exist in Xero.
8. Click "Done".
The integration is now active!
- A new column "Invoice" is added to your "Sell" screen. Selecting "Create invoice" for a Sales Order in Katana will create a matching invoice in Xero.
- A new column "Bill" is added to your "Buy" screen. Selecting "Create bill" for a Purchase Order in Katana will create a matching bill in Xero.