A certain quantity of stock for a batch-trackable item might belong to an "unbatched" batch (read more).
You can assign batch numbers to "unbatched" items by:
1. Creating a Stock adjustment.
- Add the item as a line item to the adjustment and click on the Adjustment +/- field. A popup for entering batch number tracking information opens.
- Decrease/increase the quantity for the "unbatched" batch by entering a negative/positive quantity to the Quantity field and select the "Unbatched" batch for the Batch # field.
- Then add another row in the same window, add a positive/negative quantity to the other row and create a new batch number for the quantity (or assign the quantity to an already existing batch of the same item).
If you only wish to assign items from "Unbatched" to certain batches but not add or remove any stock, make sure that the positive and negative quantities add up to a total Adjustment +/- quantity of 0.
2. Adding batch numbers to ingredients on completed Manufacturing orders
When you turn on batch tracking for ingredients, but you have already completed Manufacturing orders (MO) that have consumed those ingredients before, then the ingredients on the MO are taken from the "unbatched" batch.
You can select ingredients from batches on completed Manufacturing orders.
Navigate to the Make screen and go to the Done table in the Schedule tab.
Click on a MO for a product.
On the MO card, you will see the "Unbatched" label for ingredients.
Click on the edit button to select a batch.
On the popup screen, select the ingredients from specific batches.