How to change Shopify connection configurations?
To change the Shopify connection setting after you have completed the initial connection to Katana, navigate to "Settings" -> "Integrations" and click on "Reconfigure" button next to the Shopify integration logo.
You can change all settings that you selected during the initial connection of Katana and Shopify, including:
- Sync all Shopify products to Katana.
- Sync all Shopify customers to Katana.
- Select a default tax rate used to define Default Sales Prices for products in Katana.
- Whether to import stock levels from Shopify to Katana.
Caution: We suggest to opt out from importing stock levels during reconfiguration in most cases to avoid double importing of stock levels to Katana. This would create a new Stock Adjustment in Katana, adjusting the "In stock" quantities for products in Katana be adding any inventory quantities from Shopify quantities in Katana.
- Whether to import custom items on Sales Orders to Katana.
- Whether to sync order fulfillment statuses between Katana and Shopify.
TIP: Resyncing products and customers
Going through the configuration wizard again is a good way of retriggering syncs for products and customers. If you have created products or customers in Shopify that might have not been already synced to Katana (as they have not yet appeared on any synced Sales Orders), then complete the wizard again to resync all missing products and customers.
Changes to already imported Sales Orders will not be applied
Please note that any changes to previously imported Sales Orders will not be applied, even if the changed configuration should affect those Sales Orders in some way. For example:
- Custom items are not added to already existing Sales Orders in Katana if you initially selected not to import any custom items from Shopify.
- If any Sales Orders were marked as "Fulfilled" in Shopify during the period when Katana was disconnected, the fulfillment status will not be synced for already existing Sales Orders in Katana. The fulfillment status will be synced for all new Sales Orders imported in the future.