This is a guide for setting up automation via Make to send an email via Gmail when a Katana sales order status is changed to Delivered.
If you want to learn more about Make, check our Make integration overview.
Note: Setting up the workflow based on the Make template takes less than 15 minutes. Most of the configurations are already prefilled, you just need to connect your accounts. The walkthrough in this article is lengthy because it is meant to give you further context in case you want to adjust it or troubleshoot problems.
To start sending emails via Gmail when a sales order is delivered:
1. Open the Make template. Of course, you can always expand and customize the scenario to meet your own individual needs.
2. Create a new scenario from the template. You will be walked through all the necessary steps
3. The First step will automatically pop up after creating the scenario. Set up the trigger for the workflow:
- Click "Add" to create a new webhook
- Add a name to your webhook and select your Katana connection. If this is your first time setting up Katana connection, follow this guide.
- Save your connection and confirm the selected webhook. Webhook is automatically added to your Katana account and mapped in Integromat. You can see it in Katana - Settings - API - Webhooks. Click Continue.
2. Pull order details from Katana. Select your Katana account and map the Object: Object ID to search for a matching sales order by ID.
3. Pull customer details from Katana. Select your Katana account and map the Customer ID to get info from the customer record.
4. Configure the email to be sent:
- Set up the connection to your Gmail account. See Make's help article for more information.
- Add a recipient. You can write any email there or map it from the customer details. Select Email from the List customers module.
- Add a subject for the email.
- Add content to your email and format it to your liking.
- Confirm the set-up
5. Run once to make sure that everything works.
Your scenario to send emails when a sales order in Katana is marked as delivered is now ready to be turned on!