You can edit a product on the product card. There is no "Edit" button on the product card. Just make the relevant changes and they will be saved automatically. You will see "All Changes saved" at the top right-hand corner of the product card.
1. Navigate to the "Items" screen, select "Products" tab from the top of the table and click on the product you wish to edit.
2. Change the value of any field and your changes will be saved automatically.
You can also edit Variant Codes / SKU for your products in bulk. Read more about updating products in bulk.
On the product card, you can edit the following product characteristics:
- General Info - Product name, Category, Make and/or Buy options, Batch tracking, Unit of Measure, Variant codes / SKU, Variants, Sales Prices, Purchase Prices, Default Supplier. Read more about editing the Sales Price below.
- Product Recipe - Ingredients, Quantities
- Production Operations - Operation steps, Resources, Cost per hour, Time / duration
Note: Changing the Product Recipe or Production Operations will not change those automatically on existing Manufacturing Orders (MO). When a recipe or operations for a product have been updated, you can see a notification at the bottom of the screen when you open an existing MO for the product. Click "Refresh" in the notification to apply the changes to the existing MO.
Editing the Sales price
Editing the Sales price on the product card will change the default sales price that is added to new Sales Orders and shown in the product and inventory lists. The existing Sales Orders will not be changed.
The Sales Price of the product can also be changed on each Sales Order. However, this will not affect the default Sales Price on the product card.