You can analyze your sales in the "Sell" screen of Katana, which lists all your open and done Sales Orders. Get the latest data on your open Sales Orders or analyze past sales in the "Done" tab of the "Sell" screen.
Open Sales Orders
The open Sales Orders list includes all orders that are not yet delivered to your customers. It displays the Customer Name, Total Amount, Delivery Deadline, Product Availability, Production and Delivery status for each Sales Order.
You can apply filters to any columns to analyze the data. For example:
- Filter by Customer to see all open Sales Orders related to a specific customer.
- Use the filter for the Delivery Deadline to see all Sales Orders that need to be delivered by the end of next week.
- Enter "Not available" to the Product Availability filter to see the total amount for all Sales Orders that still require products from your manufacturing.
Analyzing past sales, costs, and profit
Navigate to the "Done" tab of the "Sell" screen to access all your done Sales Orders. Notice that a Picked Date and Cost of Goods Sold amount is assigned to each Sales Order when the Delivery status is changed to "Packed" or "Delivered".
- Sales for a period: You can filter on the Picked Date column to see your sales volumes for a specific period.
- Cost of Goods Sold (COGS). You can filter on the Picked Date column to see your COGS for a specific period. COGS is the total cost for the products sold with the Sales Order. It is based on the Average Cost of related products at the time of marking the Sales Order Delivery status as "Delivered". Average Cost is the average manufacturing cost for the product "In Stock", which is based on the Product Recipe and Production Operations for the product.
- Profit for a period. You can filter on the Picked Date column to see your profit for a specific period.
- Sales and profit for a customer. You can filter on the Customer column to see your sales volumes and profit for a specific customer.
Tip: You can apply filters to more than one column simultaneously. Add a customer and a Picked Date, for example, to see sales and profits for a specific customer for the last month.
Export for further analysis
Export your open or done Sales Orders to a .csv file to do additional analysis (e.g. sales trends, sales by product, Top 5 customers by sales amount).
Compared to the Sales Orders list in Katana, the exported file includes data at the Sales Order line level. This enables analyzing your sales by product, for example.
Note: The exported file for done Sales Orders does not include Cost of Goods Sold or Profit columns.