To activate the integration between your Shopify store and Katana account:
1. Go to "Settings" and click on "Integrations" tab.
2. Find a Shopify logo and click "Connect".
3. Enter your Shopify store name and click "Next".
Tip: Make sure you enter the store name without 'https://'.
4. You can determine which information to import from Shopify to Katana during initial connection. By default, importing all products with stock levels, customer profiles and custom items is switched ON, but you can opt out if preferred. Importing Sales Orders from Shopify is a base functionality that cannot be switched off.
a. Importing Sales Orders - only Sales Orders with "Unfulfilled" and "Partially fulfilled" statuses will be imported from Shopify. Draft orders will not be imported.
Note: You can import up to 250 Shopify Sales Orders with the initial import.
b. Importing customers - all your customers will be imported from Shopify. These customers will appear in the "Contacts" screen in Katana and can be used on future Sales Orders. If you switch it off, only those customers will be created in Katana that appear on imported Sales Orders.
c. Importing products - all your products will be imported from Shopify. If you switch it off, new products will be created in Katana only for those items that are included on imported Sales Orders. You can access products in the "Items" screen in Katana.
You need to define tax rate settings for the product import. This is only relevant if you use "Taxes included" setting in Shopify. Learn more here.
d. Importing stock levels of products - stock levels of products will be imported from Shopify. This will create a Stock Adjustment for recording stock levels in Katana. Importing stock levels is only possible during the initial connection, Katana will not continue syncing your inventory levels in the future.
Determining the initial cost of products - Shopify does not track the manufacturing cost of products, thus, without defining the cost, products would appear with the Average Cost of 0 in your stock in Katana. The easiest way to set the initial cost level is to calculate the cost as a percentage of sales price. The defined percentage will be applied to all imported products. If needed, you can adjust the cost price for each individual product after the import is completed from the Stock Adjustment document that was automatically created during the initial stock import from Shopify. Learn more here.
Note: The initial cost of products will define the Average Cost for those items in the "Inventory" list. However, the "Cost" column for a product in the Portfolio section will display 0 until you define a Product Recipe and/or Production Operations for the product. Any products made in Katana (by completing Manufacturing Orders) will be added to stock at the manufacturing cost (cost of Product Recipe + Production Operations).
e. Importing custom items on open Sales Orders - you can choose to start importing any custom items added to Shopify Sales Orders to Katana as products.
5. On the next page, please check the summary of your integration settings.
You can choose to sync Sales Order fulfillment statuses between Shopify and Katana. When the Delivery status for a Sales Order is changed to "Delivered" in Katana, the fulfillment status in Shopify will change to "Fulfilled", and vice versa. You can opt out of this possibility if preferred.
If everything is correct, click "Ok, connect my store".
6. You will be directed to a Shopify page. If you are not yet logged in to Shopify, you will be asked to enter your Shopify credentials and log in.
7. On the next page, click "Install unlisted app". You will then be redirected back to Katana.
Note: Katana integration is currently in Shopify review process and will be listed in Shopify App Store soon.
8. The import of Sales Orders, products and customers from your Shopify account to Katana will start automatically. It may take a few minutes for the information to appear in Katana. You can close the import pop-up window and continue using Katana during the import, Katana will keep processing the information in the background.
9. Click on "View sales orders" to navigate to Katana "Sell" screen to see your newly imported Sales Orders. :)
The integration is now active! All your future open Sales Orders will be pulled automatically to Katana in real time. Sales order statuses will keep syncing both ways if you decided to enable the functionality during the connection.