Katana helps you to manage all your customer data under one customer card, which includes customer contact info and customer addresses.
Addresses are used on sales orders for shipping workflows in Katana. Please read more about shipping here.
In Katana a customer can have:
Default Shipping address
Multiple shipping addresses
In order to manage addresses on customer cards in Katana:
1. Go to the "Contacts" page, and click on the "Customers" tab and open an existing customer or create a new customer.
2. There are two kinds of addresses:
Billing address refers to the address connected to the payer of the goods.
Shipping address is the physical address that the order is delivered. Under shipping addresses, Katana allows adding "Other shipping addresses" if your customer has multiple locations.
3. The addresses you mark as default on the customer card will be used by default when creating new Sales Orders.
4. Clicking on the address field opens up a pop-up to edit all the address data. Click on "Ok" to save the address on the customer card.
In order to use addresses on the sales order you do not specifically need to set them up on the customer card - you can always add a sales order specific address or change the default address on it. Read more about sales order addresses
How to set up multiple shipping addresses on the customer card
In order to add or edit multiple shipping addresses in Katana:
1. Open a customer card and click on "+ Add address" under "Other shipping addresses"
2. This opens a pop-up to enter all the shipping address details. Once you have finished filling in the details, click "Ok".
3. In order to change the default shipping address on the customer click on the 3-dots icon and select "Set as default". This will move your current default address under "Other shipping addresses" and your selected address will now be the new default shipping address.
4. If you wish to delete an address just use the 3 dots icon and select "Delete". This will delete the shipping address from the customer card.
How to manage multiple shipping addresses on Sales Order
There are cases when your customer may have multiple physical locations and you need to ship to various addresses. Billing on the other hand is sent to the headquarters. In this case, Katana helps you to manage all related addresses under one customer card.
If your customer has multiple shipping addresses then Katana offers you to select the correct location on the Sales Order - just open the shipping address field on the sales order and select "Select another address"
Katana will list all the addresses you have set up on your customer card. Select one from the list and the Sales order shipping address will be updated.
If you have connected to an accounting or a e-commerce platform you can go through the reconfiguration flow to reimport all your customers - which will also sync all your customer addresses to Katana.